Baked Spaghetti Vegan Recipe
Who doesn’t love an easy dinner? A few nights ago, I had to make a large dinner for my family and spaghetti seemed like the easiest thing to make. I know I easily get sick of plain spaghetti so I decided to make a baked spaghetti dish.
This recipe is extremely simple and is so perfect for feeding a large family. It also makes great leftovers!
I used pre-made sauce for this recipe, but feel free to use my Veggie Spaghetti Sauce!
- 1 box of spaghetti (I used whole wheat)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- olive oil
- Italian seasoning
1. Cook pasta according to the directions on box. You will probably only want them to boil for 6 minutes or so, or al dente.
2. When pasta is finished cooking, drain and allow the noodles to cool in a bowl. When they finally cool, toss with oil and egg.
3. In a large baking dish, spread spaghetti sauce on the bottom. Top with half of the pasta. Top pasta with more sauce.
4. On top of the sauce, add spoonfuls of ricotta cheese, dotting all over the pasta. Top ricotta cheese with 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
5. Add the other half of the noodles and top with remaining sauce and shredded cheese. Sprinkle Italian seasoning on top, if desired.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 20-25 minutes.
this recipe makes about 8-10 servings
If I wouldn’t have been catering to picky eaters for this meal, I could have added sliced zucchini and broccoli in the middle layer of this dish! I also would have added some fresh tomatoes.
This week I will be coming up with some Thanksgiving dish ideas and tips on surviving this Turkey-filled holiday for plant eaters like me! If you have any requests, please let me know!
See y’all in the next post!