Delicious Beetroot soup Recipe
Beet root is made up of three cultivable varieties, including fodder beet, sugar beet and vegetable beet. Vegetable beets, commonly known as red beets, are considered to be vegetables. It is cultivated mainly for its root which has a very beautiful red color. Its leaves are also edible.
What are the benefits of red beet?
Beet has a slightly earthy taste in the mouth but is nevertheless very rich in antioxidants. It is a vegetable very rich in carbohydrates, vitamins B9, A, and C, minerals such as iron, magnesium, calcium, zinc, among others. Very rich in Fibre, Beet helps to regulate intestinal laziness thus promoting a better transit. In India, beets are widely used to cure anaemia and fatigue. The Romans used it to preserve their sexual health.
As a vegetable with many therapeutic properties, beetroot helps to control blood pressure because it is a great source of natural nitrates that will be transformed into nitric oxide. The latter enlarges the arteries for better blood flow. Reducing the formation of fat plaques in the body, beet fights bad cholesterol. Beet has also been shown to be effective against osteoporosis thanks to silica, which helps to use calcium more effectively.
How to cook beets?
There are many culinary uses for beet, just let your imagination run wild. Beets bend to all your fantasies in the kitchen. It brings a very nice color to your small dishes and reduces the use of sugar in recipes. Raw, in salads, boiled, grated, fried, beetroot with its average glycemic index is suitable for diabetics. Delicious roasted with walnut oil and sprinkled with chives, baked in the oven with olive oil and caraway seeds and baked with feta or even in a cake or milkshake, beetroot goes very well with sweet as savoury.
If you want more tone, mix the juice of a beet with the juice of a carrot and have a glass every morning to fill up with vitamins.
To warm up in winter, try this colorful and gourmet soup recipe that puts seasonal vegetables in the spotlight! It is made with roasted beets with carrots, red onion, garlic, thyme, olive oil and balsamic vinegar, all of which are mixed with vegetable broth to make a velvety smooth yummy soup.
Preparation time 30 min
Cooking time 1 h
Degree of difficulty very easy
- 1 kg small beets
- 1 l vegetable broth
- 2 red onions, peeled
- 10 small carrots
- 4 cloves of peeled garlic
- 5 strands of thyme
- 10 cl of balsamic vinegar
- 1 fillet of olive oil
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 210° . Wash the beets but do not peel them. Place them in a baking pan with carrots, garlic, onion and thyme. Sprinkle generously with olive oil, pour the balsamic vinegar and mix the vegetables.
2. Bake uncovered 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 minutes, until the beets are cooked. Then remove the sprigs of thyme. Once the beets have cooled, remove their skin. Gather the vegetables and purée them.
4. Add the vegetable broth and stir until smooth. You can pass the soup through a sieve for a finer texture. Check the seasoning, you may need to add some sugar depending on the vinegar used. Reheat if necessary and serve.
You can accompany this soup with some crunchy home-made breadsticks.
Cooking with Beet root can add a great tasting and beautiful pinky touch on your plate:)