Corn and Shiitake Mushroom Soup
- 2 dried shitake mushrooms
- 2 cups water
- about 100g cooked chicken cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 small spring onion, sliced finely
- small piece of capsicum, sliced finely
- pinch (1/8 of a teaspoon) crushed garlic
- pinch (1/8 of a teaspoon) crushed ginger
- ⅓ – ½ cup frozen corn OR 125g tin sweetcorn, drained
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- Soak the mushrooms in the cold water until soft. Drain the liquid into a saucepan, add the chicken and vegetables. Chop the mushrooms and add to the pan witht he crumbled stock cube.
- Heat until just boiling. Turn heat down and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir cornflour into a couple of tablespoons of water. Stir into the soup until thickened slightly. Serve immediately.
Recipe by SmartSexyPaleo at https://smartsexypaleo.com/corn-and-shiitake-mushroom-soup/