Homemade Dashi Recipe 自家製だしを作る方法
Recipe type: Soup and broth
- 4 c packed katsuobushi (bonito flakes)
- 6 c water
- ½ oz kombu seaweed
- In a large stock pot, add in your water and kombu seaweed. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- After, on med-high heat, bring water to boil. Before it boils, take out kombu and discard.
- Once the water is boiling, turn it off and add in katsuobushi. Stir into water and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Strain and use, or store in freezer or fridge.
You can freeze the dashi in an ice cube tray to use when needed.
Dashi keeps for 2 weeks in fridge; 2 months in freezer.
Recipe by SmartSexyPaleo at https://smartsexypaleo.com/homemade-dashi-recipe/