Healthy Paleo Granola Bars
Paleo granola is a wholesome and healthy way to snack and it is quite simple to prepare. Paleo enthusiasts everywhere love to munch on this treat while at home watching TV or out and about with the kids.
The following are the ingredients you will need to prepare this nutritious treat:
- 5 cups of a variety of seeds or nuts such as: pumpkin seeds, pecans, flax seeds or sunflower seeds.
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1/3 a cup of coconut oil or another Paleo friendly oil
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
Paleo granola cooking instructions:
- In a saucepan bring oil, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg to a boil over the stove. Let this mixture cool completely. In a greased baking sheet spread the nuts and seeds. Pour the cooled honey mixture over the top of the seeds and nuts. Be sure to completely cover the seed mixture and spread evenly over the surface.
- Now place it in a preheated 300 degree oven for thirty minutes.
- After the pan has completely cooled place the mixture in a serving bowl
- Add the raisins and coconuts and get ready to enjoy a tasty and nutritious treat.
There are some creative twists that you can add to this recipe to give it some extra flair if you wish. You can add a different combination of nuts and seeds or use almond oil instead of coconut oil. Whatever tastes and flavors you like will work in this incredibly delicious and healthful snack.
Paleo enthusiasts truly enjoy this mix as an alternative to the traditional granola. It is healthy for you and it tastes delightful as well.
This is a great dish to take on family outings or to take on a picnic. Try this incredible recipe today!