Paleo Cookies Recipe
Paleo Cookies: A Tasty Treat for the Whole Family
Everyone loves cookies and paleo cookies not only taste wonderful, they are very good for you as well! There are many paleo recipes for chocolate chip cookies online, but not all of them are that great. The following recipe happens to be delicious and a lot less fattening than traditional chocolate chip cookies. Give the following recipe a whirl and see if you don’t agree that these cookies are extra special!
Paleo Cookies Ingredients:
- 5 ounces of blanched and ground almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt(very important)
- 1/8 of a cup of macadamia nut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla or vanilla extract
- ¼ of a cup of raw honey or raw agave
- ¼ of a cup of chocolate chips (These chips need to be at least 63 percent cocoa)
- Preheat your oven to a 325 degree temperature
- Thoroughly mix the baking soda, salt and almond flour. In a small bowl combine the agave (or honey), macadamia oil and the vanilla. Thoroughly combine the wet and the dry ingredients until completely mixed.
- Add the chocolate chips to the mixture.
- Take note: the consistency of the batter should be thick so when your palms roll a small ball, it doesn’t droop or lose any of its shape.
- Make 16 to 20 of these small “balls” and place them onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Remember to flatten the cookies. This is extremely important because if you don’t, the cookies will not cook properly.
- Bake the cookies for about 4-8 minutes. The amount of time it takes for them to get done will depend on the reliability of the temperature sensor in your oven.
After removing from the oven, let these cookies cool completely, and then enjoy these tasty morsels as they fill your palate with a burst of flavour.