Vegan Muffins Recipe
Before our beach weekend, I wanted to make some yummy treats for everyone! So I decided to make some muffins. They turned out super good!
Muffins are soo good and as much as I love them, I don’t eat them too often because they are not the healthiest! I didn’t make this recipe very healthy, but next time I’d love to switch out some ingredients with some healthier ones to see how they turn out.
This recipe is due to my baking mood that has not gone away. I used to hate baking and never did it. It terrified me! Now that I’ve started getting the hang of it, I love it and I can’t stop! So don’t worry, I will get back to my normal recipes soon, I promise! 😉
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- pinch of salt
- blueberries or chocolate chips
- brown sugar & cinnamon (optional)
1. Mix together dry ingredients in one bowl and stir until mixed. Add the wet ingredients and stir until your have a batter. Add in yogurt.
2. Add in blueberries or chocolate chips. I did half blueberry, half chocolate chip.
3. Spoon mixture into muffin liners, filling up about halfway or so.
4. For my blueberry muffins, I mixed together brown sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon and drizzled it on top of the blueberry muffins. This is optional, but it gives such a sweet topping!
5. Cook at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes. When a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean, they’re done!
this recipe makes 12 muffins
To make this recipe vegan, I would replace the egg with about 1/2-1 banana, mashed! The banana flavor wouldn’t be too strong, and even if it was, it would still be delicious!
This is a really basic muffin recipe and the yogurt makes it really moist. You can make so many combinations with this recipe. I loved the blueberry ones the most, but the chocolate chip ones were still good and were especially popular with my 5 year old niece! 😉
I hope you are all having a fantastic week!