Veggie Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
Happy Thursday, everyone! Thursdays are usually one of my favorite days of the week. But today is extra special! I’ve had a cold for about 4 days and today is finally the first day I felt better! It’s so hard to get anything done when you’re sick and what I missed more than anything is being in the kitchen! But last night I finally felt well enough to cook a good dinner.
I was eating only fruits and vegetables for a couple of days and was craving some carbs so I made some spaghetti! I still wanted to keep it as healthy as possible. By switching out just a few ingredients you can make any of your favorite dishes healthier
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Parsley
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tsp sugar (I used a raw, organic sugar)
- 1/4 cup of zucchini
- about 1/4 stalk of celery
1. Chop celery and zucchini into small pieces. First I sliced my zucchini and then quartered it.
2. Sautee zucchini and celery in pan until soft.
3. Add all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for about 20-30 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
4. Top on pasta or use in whatever pasta dish you desire! I added mine to some whole wheat spaghetti noodles.
this recipe makes about 6 servings
Feel free to add as many veggies as you want to this recipe. This is a great way to get the veggie-haters in your life to eat their greens and barely notice they are there
I’m excited about posting more fall recipes
What are some of your favorite things to eat when the weather gets cooler?
P.S. Here’s a cute face to make you smile! Isn’t she just the cutest?!
Have a good weekend everyone!